Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter E Bloom Jr has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Bloom is a nice guy but he missed many important details that were vital to my health. I needed to find a G.I. that I can feel comfortable with who would work with me to get me through this, but on my second visit to Dr. Bloom's office he had missed or forget about critical information (I had my colon removed about three months before and was still bleeding and had sharp pains on my left side) that he had known about during my first visit. He sent me for a pill cam between visits but this took over two month and when I finally got back in to see him he showed me the slides from the pill cam and commented "wow, these two perforations are concerning." When I asked for more details (level of concern, is there internal leakage, what do we do to fix it) he said he wasn't sure because one of the other doctors in the office read the slides and he was relaying what he was told. This was not fair to me at all...I was so upset. I had questions and he was more concerned about rushing me out the door with and scheduled colonoscopy over a month away. Any person going through what I am going through knows that even a few days feels like forever and I just couldn't take another month of feeling like crap all the time. When I left the office I sat in my car and cried...I was still bleeding during bowel movements, I still had sharp pain on my left side of my abdomen all the time, I had fissure with throbbing and pain (in the ring area) and now I was getting fevers at night...I was very scared but he didn't ask about any of this or even give me the time to tell him if it was still that bad. To be fair, I was about 5mins late for my appt. but I would of rather him reschedule me and refer me to someone else if he didn't have enough time to properly treat me. I went to the emergency room the next day and they put my on iv antibiotics...the ER doctor told me I had a severe infection with micro perforations and I need to find a different G.I. doctor. Dr. Bloom might be a nice guy but he dropped the ball when it came to my health and I am tired of feeling sick...I'm looking to find a new G.I. doctor.
Dr. Bloom is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Peter E Bloom Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBristol Gastroenterology Associates, 25 Newell Rd Ste E36, Bristol, CT
Dr. Peter E Bloom Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bristol, CT.