Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter M Eller has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Peter M Eller has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Peter M Eller has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Eller is a top-notch doctor. I actually look forward to my appointments, knowing Dr. Eller will listen to whatever concerns I may have and thoroughly address them with proper diagnosis and treatments. Compared to my friends' comments on their internists, I am totally grateful that I'm a patient of Dr. Eller.
Polite, comforting, thorough, caring, punctual, listens, calls back same day, and very knowledgeable. I've been a patient since he started practicing in RI, and I know he is the best physician I've ever been to. For someone who I cross paths with a couple of times a year, he has had such a huge impact on my life. There is none better.
DR ELLER IS THE MOST PATIENT DOCTOR I'VE EVER BEEN TO. WHEN IT'S YOUR TURN, HE GIVES HIS UNDIVIDED ATTENTION EACH AND EVERY TIME. HE KNOW ME INSIDE AND OUT, AND EVERY PRESCRIPTION HE'S EVERY WRITTEN FOR ME WAS THE CORRECT ONE. THERE WAS NEVER ANY TRIAL AND ERROR.FIVE PEOPLE IN MY FAMILY SEE HIM AND THEY ALL LOVE HIM. AND WHEN YOU CALL THE OFFICE WITH A PROBLEM HE GETS ON IT RIGHT AWAY OR CALLS YOU BACK THAT VERY SAME DAY.THEY DON'T MAKE THEM LIKE HIM ANYMORE.I FEEL VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE A GREAT DOCTOR.
Dr. Eller generally spends as much time as possible with each and every patient. i don't mind waiting an extra 5-10 minutes knowing that when it's my turn on the wax paper, Dr. Eller will do his very best to spend the time needed to get to the bottom of my medical mysteries. His soft spoken manner is a comfort to all his patients. My entire family (6 people) ALL depend on his competence.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Eller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Peter M Eller accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Internal Medicine, 407 East Ave Ste 120, Pawtucket, RI
Dr. Peter M Eller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pawtucket, RI.