Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter McCool
Dr. Peter McCool, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with other offices in Clackamas, OR and Fond Du Lac, WI . His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. McCool is affiliated with Ingalls Memorial Hospital, Resurrection Medical Center and Advocate Hope Childrens Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter McCool has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I hadn't slept for over a day due to increasing pain in my jaw. I was scheduled to see a dentist on Monday and could not get an appointment over the weekend. It was Friday night and the pain was so intense that I decided to go to the emergency room as it was all that was available. While parking my car at the hospital I noticed that the E.R. lot was empty as well as the lobby. After being checked in, I waited for what seemed like an eternity before the doctor sat outside of my room joking with nurses and taking his time. He came into the room and sat across from me with two nurses in the room. He then told me that he thought I was a drug addict looking for pain pills. No lie. No amount of reasoning with me was attempted and they turned me away. On Monday I arrived at the dentist where I was informed of a terrible infection that had festered in my jaw. Thanks, McCool.
Dr. McCool is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ingalls Memorial Hospital
Resurrection Medical Center
Advocate Hope Childrens Hospital
Dr. Peter McCool accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Peter McCool is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.