Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter J Ferrara
Dr. Peter J Ferrara, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scottsdale, AZ, with another office in Scottsdale, AZ. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Ferrara is affiliated with Tempe St Lukes Hospital, Scottsdale Healthcare Shea and Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center. Dr. Ferrara has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter J Ferrara has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Peter J Ferrara has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Peter J Ferrara has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Peter J Ferrara is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Bedside manner is excellent- A Doctor who took full time to get to know me , know my concerns, educate me about the situation & explain to me all the options. He does not run a cattle clinic, packing patients in. His time, & concern with the patient seems sincerely valued. I would request to see Dr Ferrara again should I ever need his range of services
Dr. Ferrara performed my emergency appendectomy a year ago. My recovery was quick and my scars are nearly non-existent (I scar easily too)! He was friendly and fully explained my procedure before and after the surgery.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ferrara is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Peter J Ferrara accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
Locations & Directions
Dr. Peter J Ferrara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.