Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter P Filozof has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Peter P Filozof has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. Peter P Filozof has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Peter P Filozof is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 50
I was hospitalized and Dr. F came to see me and asked me to reschedule my ultra sound appointment. I called in and told his staff everything they needed to know. After waiting the nurse came back and then discovered I was pregnant, walked out and left me there. After five more minutes she came back booted me from the room, spoke to me like I was a child and I now have to wait another 3 weeks to get my ultra sound. All of his staff I met were belittling, and rude. Dr. F as a doctor was great! He simply needs a change of staff.
I have been a patient of Dr. Filozof's going on 2 years. I began seeing him during a time I was having some pretty scary medical issues. During that time I dealt with both Dr.F & Melissa...they are a great team and are very thorough. ..they made sure to take the time and explain everything which made me feel more comfortable and confident with my life in their hands. Also, knowing how worried I was about medical testing Dr. F didn't wait til a week day to call with my results. ..he called me on a Saturday from his home. Now I am expecting a little bundle of joy and could not imagine anyone else bringing my child into this world. I have been to several other OBGYN in this area and every single office I've been to I've had to wait in waiting rooms for quite some time...which can be irritating, but for the quality of care I have received...he is worth the wait....great bedside manner, great personality, sense of humor & above all GREAT doctor!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2013)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
24 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Peter P Filozof accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Pregnancy Specialists, 705 Garfield Ave Ste 310, Parkersburg, WV
Dr. Peter P Filozof is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Parkersburg, WV.