Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter E Fong has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Peter E Fong has the following 3 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
Dr. Peter E Fong has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Peter E Fong is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
i think Dr. Fong is one of the very best...i would not be walking if not for him..So sorry he's not in Rome, Ga anymore.He cared and helped me so much. He always listened to me. He gave me something that helped with the pain of injection in lover back. just wish he were still here. have been trying to find where he went , will travel to have his as my Dr. again....
Dr. Fong was a little cool at first, but got better as time went on. I have seen several pain doctors by now, and I guess he is about as good as you get in this field. He was understanding about my particular condition and did well by me on my meds after my surgery. He went out of my insurance just when we had a good repore, had to see his associate, did not like! So on that merry-go-round, which is very difficult getting records moved and getting to know the doctors and worrying about your meds.I liked him overall.
32 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Peter E Fong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGeorgia Pain Physicians Pc, 185 Professional Ct SE Ste 1, Calhoun, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter E Fong in this video.
Dr. Peter E Fong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Calhoun, GA.