Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Peter J Freed has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Peter J Freed has the following 13 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Peter J Freed has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 30
Wow. Years after seeing Dr. Freed I decided to leave a review, because I am still disgusted by what a terrible Doctor he is-- doing more harm than good. I should not have been surprised to find so many reviews that support my own experience- he is completely self-interested to a degree he is a danger to his patients. Truly. Stay away.
It's unfortunate doctors like him are able to practice medicine. He said " I'm not going to lie to you . Don't expect more then a 50 percent recovery from your depression" . Maybe that would have been my future if I chose him as my doctor but I had the good sense to stear clear and and have since recovered 100 percent. Maybe giving out these pessimistic percentages is a way for him to justify his ineptitude as a doctor but nobody suffering from depression should have to be told it's hopeless. He's an ideologue who wants the days of psychoanalysis to still rein where people weren't expected to get better but just turn suffering into a low grade misery But Modern science has surpassed Freud. Freed is a quack and has imposed his false beliefs on people who could otherwise recover . It's a form of abuse.I wouldn't recommend him if you are looking to get better.
I don't know what these other reviewers are talking about. This doctor changed my life. I used to have Borderline Personality Disorder and no longer fit the diagnostic criteria for the condition, thanks in large part to the work I did with Dr. Freed. Something tells me the other people who left reviews may not have been happy with Dr. Freed's diagnoses, but I suspect that has more to do with their pathologies and inability to examine themselves honestly than his qualifications as a doctor.
18 Years Experience
University Of California At San Francisco School Of Dentistry
Graduated in 2000
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPersonality Studies Institute, 122 E 42nd St Ste 3200, New York, NY
Dr. Peter J Freed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.