Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter J Furey
Dr. Peter J Furey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sugar Grove, IL. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Furey is affiliated with Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. Dr. Furey has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter J Furey has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Psychosomatic Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Furey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Peter J Furey accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCadence Physican Group, 414 Division Dr, Sugar Grove, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter J Furey in this video.
Dr. Peter J Furey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sugar Grove, IL.