Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter D Ganime has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Showing 5 of 25
My son liked this office. Clean and nice receptionists. But after a few visits, we both realized it was not a good match. The dr is a behaviorist and my son has definite and diagnosed emotional issues. But also didn't have up-to-date records of my son (which he definitely should have had). Dr. Ganime did do a test for what meds would work best for my son, which was good.
I have had to deal with this doctor for a few years now because I did not have another doctor to regulate my Autistic sons meds. We always had to wait in a sterile small waiting room with a receptionist who never knew what the heck she was doing. At one point, I came to this doctor with a problem that my son had and he threatened him with the concept of jail and that I should leave him there if I wanted him to go. He went on to tell a story of how jail would be. He is a sloppy, lazy, and old doctor. I tell you "old" because it is obvious that he feels that at his age he does not need continuing education with special needs children. He is obviously not educated beyond his own doctorate.
52 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Eastern Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute
Dr. Peter D Ganime accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter D Ganime in this video.
Dr. Peter D Ganime is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Conshohocken, PA.