Dr. Peter Ganime Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Peter Ganime?

old school blaming parents for diagnosis

Posted on November 26th, 2017

Child had prodromal signs of schizophrenia, which was diagnosed elsewhere. Doctor Ganime never listened to parent concerns and blamed his symptoms on me-the parent. Was not helpful in any way.

Maybe Needs To Retire

Posted on February 8th, 2017

My son liked this office. Clean and nice receptionists. But after a few visits, we both realized it was not a good match. The dr is a behaviorist and my son has definite and diagnosed emotional issues. But also didn't have up-to-date records of my son (which he definitely should have had). Dr. Ganime did do a test for what meds would work best for my son, which was good.

Posted on February 27th, 2015

Dr. Ganime told me a few years ago that my son's issues were related to lack of discipline. When I finally got the right doctor and correct meds for him, my son was no longer defiant, or violent. Time for Dr. Ganime to retire

Posted on September 20th, 2014

Dr. G. got on well with my 10 year old daughter, asking her questions in an age appropriate manner. He was helpful and informative.

Sloppy and lazy

Posted on July 1st, 2014

I have had to deal with this doctor for a few years now because I did not have another doctor to regulate my Autistic sons meds. We always had to wait in a sterile small waiting room with a receptionist who never knew what the heck she was doing. At one point, I came to this doctor with a problem that my son had and he threatened him with the concept of jail and that I should leave him there if I wanted him to go. He went on to tell a story of how jail would be. He is a sloppy, lazy, and old doctor. I tell you "old" because it is obvious that he feels that at his age he does not need continuing education with special needs children. He is obviously not educated beyond his own doctorate.

mom

Posted on January 19th, 2013

My experience was traumatizing with Dr. Ganime. I was concerned about my teen's poor social skills, and what seemed to be depression. Dr. Ganime insisted all he had was ADHD, and that I 'should not do to my next child what I did to this one'. A 'real' psychiatrist, later diagnosed my teen with asperger's disorder and bipolar disorder. This doctor explained that these disorders are present in the brain before the child is born, and that y husband and I did not cause it. I wish I had written a complait to the board of medical examiners. He was inaccurate in the area of diagnostics, unprofessional, and obviously dislikes parents-thinks they cause mental illness. Dr. Ganime needs to be updated, and re-educated, then retested for a license.

Posted on July 17th, 2012

I'm really not even sure what to think to tell you the truthAfter speaking with my 16 year old daughter I was allows in and he just hi . I could barely hear him ad he slouched or lounged at his desk. He was with an intern and o felt like he wasTalking to her more than discussing my daughter. He would talk about stories that to me had nothing to do with me understandingMy daughter. I don't know maybe it's just his way but I left feelingLike it was all about him.

professional

Posted on April 28th, 2012

He was worst DR i have ever met! He should NEVER work with children. EVER. He was mean, arrogant, rude, scary and NOT professional at all. He didn't even introduce himself to me or my 5 year old son. He scared my 5 year old with his cold mean voice. We walked out after speaking to him for 2 minutes. AWFUL person. I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal wit him.

not good!

Posted on April 13th, 2011

i am with him just because he is all that takes my insurance currently.

Posted on July 7th, 2016