Dr. Peter Halperin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter Halperin?

rude and abrupt staff

Posted on November 21st, 2017

The front desk staff should not be working with people. These two ladies are miserable. They treat patients like second class citizens. I call for an appointment and they tell me the doctor has nothing for two weeks. I have some one else call, they give me an appointment for the same day. I get there and Robin tells me I should have came another day. she was rude and curt to me. I will be finding another doctor in the area. the whole front desk need attitude adjustments. It was a horrible environment.

Wonderful long-term care from Dr. Halperin!

Posted on May 30th, 2017

For over 20 years I have had truly excellent care for pre-cancer and other skin conditions, and I am someone who needs to be very careful because of my fair coloring and great sun exposure during an outdoors life. His everyday preventive care & check-ups have markedly improved the condition of my skin, and he has also been excellent for any more urgent questions around squamous-cell cancers, etc. I recommend him unreservedly.

Posted on March 14th, 2017

Dr Halperin is a genius. He was able to solve my skin problem after I unsuccessfully saw several other dermatologists. He took his time, is very thorough and answered all my questions. Besides that, he discussed my concerns and was very supportive. He is a sincere, excellent, Doctor.

front desk

Posted on November 10th, 2015

The Dr is great, but the front desk staff is miserable....no hello when you walk in , they look at you and wait for one to talk instead of the employee asking , how can i help you or a simple hello. and definitely not a Thank you!

Posted on November 2nd, 2015

This doctor is a total scam! Stay away from him. First, he is incompetent - over a year ago, he performed a "complete" skin check on me and did not notice a skin cancer even though I pointed out the spot to him! Finally, this year after I insisted on him having a second look, he performed a biopsy, and guess what - it was skin cancer that had spread out! The consequences of this happening are quite big, both financially, emotionally, and in terms of the scar. Second, when I went to the appointment with him, I explicitly asked for the price (both in advance and at the time of the appointment). I explained that I had not met the deductible of my insurance yet, hence I would be covering 100% of the cost as well as that in a week I would be switching insurances. In other words the cost was a big decision-making factor for me and I made that clear. I asked (not once - 3 times!), both the front office and him personally what the cost would be. They gave me a price. I carefully confirmed with them that it would include everything. The answer was yes. I agreed to the amount they said and paid it. Guess what - a few weeks later, I get a bill for another huge amount... Without informing me, and obviously without my consent, the doctor had asked a 3rd party to perform some of the service, hence the 2nd (huge) bill. Had I known this, I would not have agreed to the procedure and would have waited a week until my new insurance started. Now, I am responsible for the bill. Both doctors declined to take care of it (not even a portion) passing the ball to each other and me. The insurance (justly so / I knew that) cannot cover it because, as I said, the deductible was not met. Not only was this doctor's behavior purposefully misleading and unethical, but he was extremely unpleasant to deal with once that happened and I asked to speak with him. So, if you want to save yourself similar and likely additional trouble, take my advice and stay away from him.

Best Skin Care Provider Ever.

Posted on August 5th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Halperin after suffering many years with an skin infection that hurt me Physically and Emotionally. After meeting with him, he started a corse a several treatments, which finally gave me, my skin back. till this day, I do knock on wood of having clear skin and I have to thank him for it. Best skin care provider ever! I recommend 100%

Very good

Posted on November 14th, 2012

Dr. Halperin was a nice guy and knowledgeable. I went early in the morning and had no wait time. He is not the most verbose guy out there, but he answered all of my questions. I didn't feel rushed and had been double booked (they did me a favor and fit me in). At the same time he's clearly busy so don't expect him to play checkers. Overall everything was very efficient. I left with a script faxed to my pharmacy. No complaints.

Wow!

Posted on October 17th, 2012

Great service. A really knowledgeable guy. Very Friendly.

Most miserable SECRETARIES ever delt with WILL NOT GO THERE

Posted on October 8th, 2012

As a dermatologist goes he is ok. But his secretary or whoever answers their phones is THE most miserable person I have ever dealt with. Not to mention they look like they were grabbed from the streets. So unprofessional in mannerism as well as looks. You walk into the office and seeing them upon entering is NOT good for business. WILL NOT RETURN because of them alone.

Best Derm in NYC

Posted on August 1st, 2011

And I'll admit that I've been to probably 5 before I found Dr. Halperin. He is one of the best doctors I've ever had. He is understanding and thorough but efficient. It's a busy office so if you don't want to wait, make an appointment early in the morning.

Solved a 20 year problem

Posted on March 22nd, 2008

I had a skin condition that had plagued me for more than 25 years. Dermatologists at NY Hosp/Cornell, NY Mt Sinai, Tufts U and Mass General all could not find a solution. Dr Halperin's diagnosis was the first correct one and solved the problem after 2 mos treatment. Fabulous! FYI, I was referred to him by very well regarded dermatological surgeon who is a professor at NY Cornell.

Posted on August 5th, 2017