Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter G Hasapis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Peter G Hasapis has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 6
One year ago I was diagnosed with a rare cancer, GIST. It is commonly misdiagnosed or overlooked completely. My presenting symptoms were gas pains, upset stomach, nausea, acid reflux. While most doctors might have prescribed Nexium and sent me on my way, Dr. Hasapis gave me a thorough exam, including blood work, EKG, and x-ray. The results led me immediately to a radiologist for an ultrasound and then to the hospital for a CT scan. From his office at noon, to the hospital that night, we were 99% sure of the diagnosis and only needed a biopsy to confirm. Dr. Hasapis' exemplary patient care may very well have saved my life, as my disease was very advanced and metastatic. This feeling has been confirmed by two oncologists and surgeons, all of whom are now part of my medical "team." I would very highly recommend Dr. Hasapis to anyone.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
21 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1997
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNew Canaan Medical Group, 173 East Ave, New Canaan, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter G Hasapis in this video.
Dr. Peter G Hasapis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Canaan, CT.