Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter J Hillsamer has the following 2 specialties
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hair Restoration
- Skin Cancer
- Sino-Nasal Disorders
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Laser Resurfacing
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Hillsamer did a fine job the times I've seen him, and have no reason not to recommend him to others. Will be having sinus surgery this summer, so I'll have more to review in a couple months. Thought I'd write a review because his rating was low due to an overly angry patient who thought he deserved one star for a long wait. Really? I've seen him several times, and each experience has been fine. No issues, and no longer wait than anywhere else. People are so obnoxious.
All things being equal, please choose another physician. He put my daughters ear tubes in and while his clinical work was adequate, his bedside manner is atrocious. He told a patient horror story in front of her that frightened her to the point that she cried all night long afterward. He also seems to believe his time is more important than his patients, never offering an apology or explanation for long office waits (>45 minutes).
33 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Peter J Hillsamer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLafayette Otolaryngology Ent, 2320 Concord Rd, Lafayette, IN
Dr. Peter J Hillsamer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lafayette, IN.