Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter C Hugh has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Peter C Hugh has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Peter C Hugh has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Peter C Hugh is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Hugh is a very good doctor. I have diabetes and on several medications. He checks on labs every few months to make sure the numbers are good. He talks to me about diet and exercise. He spends time to explain to me about the things to look out for. He has this cool patient portal that you can make appointment online in the middle of night and send him messages and ask questions. He is what a good should be.
Went to see Dr Hugh for my yearly physical.I had to wait 50 min before I got to see him.I mentioned to him about some other issues that I had going on,he said their was nothing that could be done about it.I done research on my problems and found out their are some test that could be done.when he did my physical all he did was check my lungs ,and told me too do blood test and they would call me with results.What kind of physical is that.He did not chech me for hernias ,eyes ears throat, reflexes.was very disappointed I have had him for 6 yrs,the last 2yrs have been like he doesn't care.So I think it is time to move on
I have been going to Dr.Hugh's office for several years now. I have seen many of his staff members come and go. I am currently satisfied with the staff they all show a great level of professionalism and caringness. My favorite nurse is Glenda she has shown me support and makes me feel like she cares even when I have been cranky. I also appreciate Dr.Hugh's dedication towards the care of his patients, in all honesty I will continue to refer family and friends and provide feed back. Mr.Hugh is the best doctor in Lakewood in my opinion
I really like this Dr for my husband, he has concern to his patients and very knowledgeable, i would recommend him to all my friends, but with regards with the staffs not all of them has an attitude maybe 1 or 2 and not all the time though i experience it sometimes, its maybe they problems but they should not bring it to work, they should be proffesional when it comes to work...
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Hugh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Conroe Medical Education Foundation
Dr. Peter C Hugh accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGood Life Medical Group, 3650 South St Ste 204, Lakewood, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter C Hugh in this video.
Dr. Peter C Hugh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood, CA.