Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter M Jablin has the following 1 specialty
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 5 of 15
I had read the other reviews and some were very negative. My experience with Dr. Jablin was exceptionly positive! His "bedside manner" was great - very caring, taking time to make sure I understood everything and that I had expressed all my concerns and/or asked needed questions. He was very easy to talk to; did not talk down to me in any way. I loved him!!
elderly father admitted with pneumonia, very ill but lucid. In the ICU one of the nurses approached the family to say that there was an issue, that the pulmonologist was refusing to see our father. When asked why the nurse said that my father may have switched practices from Jablin to Brown at some point. On top of coping with a very sick loved one, we now had to deal with physician ego and arrogance. It caused our family unnecessary suffering at the worst possible time.
This is follow up to previous comments. Got PFT done in other dr. browns office, they sent results to jablins office same day. It was 4 days till they called me and scheduled an appointment. They gave me an appointment that is a WHOLE MONTH away. Very sad so now I am into 10 weeks of suffering not getting the treatment I need because my family dr. is apparently clueless as to how to treat me. I called a nurse from my insurance co and she felt I had a COPD lung infection but yet my family dr. is clueless and continues to try and treat me with different lung treatment. Guess I'll have another heart attack then they'll keep me in hospital and fix me up.
Was in ER at hospital and was set up with this Dr. for lung evaluation. I was to set up appointment but receptionist gave me run-around about getting one. She said she needed more info from hospital. Two days later other Drs. office in same building called and set up appointment with them for PFT. Another 4 days go by, I get my PFT done and tech told me the results would be sent over right away to Jablins office and they would call me by next day to schedule an appointment. Well, 2 days have gone by and no call from Jablins office for appointment. This is pretty sad that I have breathing issues and am at the mercy of this office. Am going to see my family doctor because of breathing issues, if this is the way I am treated by his office staff, I wonder what he is going to be like if I ever get to see him. Will keep you all posted.
38 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Peter M Jablin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary Associates, 601 Norland Ave Ste 200, Chambersburg, PA
Dr. Peter M Jablin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chambersburg, PA.