Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter I Karachunski
Dr. Peter I Karachunski, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. His specialties include Neuromuscular Medicine, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology and Pediatrics. Dr. Karachunski is affiliated with University Of Minnesota Masonic Childrens Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter I Karachunski has the following 3 specialties
- Neuromuscular Medicine
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Migraine Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
He is the Neurologist my now 3 year daughter has seen since her diagnosis (M.G.). She thinks of him as one of the family ~ we all do! He is AMAZING! He has a wonderful bedside manner and is SO GOOD with kids, not just the one that is sick. He has taken to BOTH of my kids and TRULY cares about BOTH their well beings.
Dr. Karachunski is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. Peter I Karachunski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Minnesota Medical Center, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter I Karachunski in this video.
Dr. Peter I Karachunski is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.