Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter P Koenig has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Thyroid Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 18
I have only been seeing Dr Koenig for a little past a year, and so far I've had no complaints about HIM. He seems compassionate and kind and very helpful. However his front desk staff (a lady) is the worst at communicating or calling back. Several times when my prescription needed refill, she ignored my pharmacy for a week and ended up being w/o meds for days. When I asked her about the issue, she said it wasn't her problem because I had not been seen in 6 months. Yet she failed to ever make me an appt. Why not tell me this ahead of time so I can plan? & then she rudely said "well this dr gives you a discount", as if my money isn't worth a penny. WORST front desk service ever!! Such a shame to leave a doctor over idiot, ruthless and heartless people who are bitter.
I have been going to him for over 15 years, and I can't imagine going anywhere else.He is always caring & sensitive, and on even the worst day can give me a giggle. The only complaint I could have is that he sometimes overbooks, and the wait can be long! Other than that he is top-knotch!Don't ever retire!!!
Dr. Koenig is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1969
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Peter P Koenig accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPeter Paul Koenig Md, 5363 Balboa Blvd Ste 345, Encino, CA
Dr. Peter P Koenig is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encino, CA.