Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter S Kosek has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 55
I read the reviews and still gave Dr. kosak a try. Bad decision. It's not so much that I didn't like what he said as it is that this doctor had his mind made up before he even saw me. Didn't even look at MRI, either. He asked me questions but interrupted my answers, showing he really didn't care what I said. He was rude and mean. I can say ONE positive thing about him, he told me his treatment recommendation rather than cowardly having my PC tell me. I am going to do as he requested in other reviews he responded to and go back in and dicuss things with him. I am just curious if he is actually going to listen. Doubtful. If you have an appointment with Dr. Kosek please cancel for you and your family's quality of life. He will destroy your functionality and life quality in a keystroke if you are on pain medication. We are not the addicts but we are being punished while the addicts keep abusing and using. Wow!
He is an incredibly condescending man. Never once ever thought he would say I'm depressed an that's the course of my back pain. Oh, and that's because I don't socialize outside of my husband and kids after working 10 hour days. Horrible doctor and he cares less to really see what the issue really is.
Would never recommend this man to anyone, the negative reviews he has should be taken at full value. He clearly has no consideration for patients suffering. Told me that volunteering would solve my chronic pain issues, total jerk. Recommended I stop both pain and anxiety medication, clearly had no consideration of my progress and improvement in life since starting these medications. Avoid this "dr" at all costs, the office holding my pain contract dropped me after this appointment with Dr. Kosek.
30 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Pacific Presbyterian Medical Center
Dr. Peter S Kosek accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOregon Neurosurgery Spec, 3355 Riverbend Dr Ste 400, Springfield, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter S Kosek in this video.
Dr. Peter S Kosek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, OR.