Dr. Peter S Kosek Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Peter S Kosek?

Awful & Heartless

I read the reviews and still gave Dr. kosak a try. Bad decision. It's not so much that I didn't like what he said as it is that this doctor had his mind made up before he even saw me. Didn't even look at MRI, either. He asked me questions but interrupted my answers, showing he really didn't care what I said. He was rude and mean. I can say ONE positive thing about him, he told me his treatment recommendation rather than cowardly having my PC tell me. I am going to do as he requested in other reviews he responded to and go back in and dicuss things with him. I am just curious if he is actually going to listen. Doubtful. If you have an appointment with Dr. Kosek please cancel for you and your family's quality of life. He will destroy your functionality and life quality in a keystroke if you are on pain medication. We are not the addicts but we are being punished while the addicts keep abusing and using. Wow!

HORRIBLE. DON'T BOTHER

He is an incredibly condescending man. Never once ever thought he would say I'm depressed an that's the course of my back pain. Oh, and that's because I don't socialize outside of my husband and kids after working 10 hour days. Horrible doctor and he cares less to really see what the issue really is.

This doctor has clearly given up. Goes through the motions - but didn’t see me - or hear me.

Rude and Terrible Dr

Would never recommend this man to anyone, the negative reviews he has should be taken at full value. He clearly has no consideration for patients suffering. Told me that volunteering would solve my chronic pain issues, total jerk. Recommended I stop both pain and anxiety medication, clearly had no consideration of my progress and improvement in life since starting these medications. Avoid this "dr" at all costs, the office holding my pain contract dropped me after this appointment with Dr. Kosek.

great doctor

I have had several spinal injections by Dr. Kosek and I wouldn't trust anyone else touching me with a needle. He is very ind and gentle and easy to talk to.

Arrogant and mean-spirited

My pain is horrible due to several unfortunate accidents. There are times when I scream in agony. Kosek discounted my pain, did not listen to me, would not answer my well-researched questions, and told me I should not be on pain medication. I was a patient for many years. Kosek changed for the worst and it shows in the way he treats people and how he discounts and degrades his patients. Yes, I have spoken with other patients of his.

A caring and gifted physician.

After having several ablation procedures over several years, I have found Dr. Kosek to be a great listener whose compassion and expertise has given me a vastly improved quality of life.

Dr. Kosek explained my spine problem on a level that I understood completely with what he would be doing and why. He showed me the MRI and pointed out the area he needed to inject. Thank you Dr Kosek! I wish you all the best in your future Endeavors.

Horrible Doctor that wouldn't even listen to a thing I had to say. I just had a major surgery and he said I should not be on pain medication. He told me to stop taking it and go to physical therapy. I have been going to physical therapy and the physical therapist says the doctor needs to get my pain under control so we can try to work through the therapy. I'm in horrible pain and this doctor does not care. I am not a druggy and I have no issue turning in my clean urine test. This is the worst doctor that I've EVER seen. Avoid him at all cost!!!

No longer caring for chronic pain patients

Dr Kosec and I have had over a 10 year relationship. I've continued to decrease opiats for chronic CRPS. Over the past year he has been sadistic in his reduction of meds. EPA? Chronic Pain patients are not junkies. They are not part of the current USA opiats that are getting into the wrong hands of our young.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback. Due to the anonymity of your review and patient privacy laws, I cannot comment specifically on your case. If you would like to discuss your care, I encourage you to either talk to me at your next appointment or submit your comments through our online grievance/comment form at (URL). What I can say is that I make my medical recommendations based on the information available to me, and though my recommendations may not always be what people expect or want to hear, they are made with the best interests of the patient’s health and well-being in mind. I strongly believe that patients should have access to needed medications, and know that the vast majority of patients use their drugs responsibly as prescribed. However, many medications have significant risks and side effects, and many are simply not very effective for some conditions. I weigh the risks, benefits and history of success when managing medications. I understand that changes to treatment can be intimidating for many patients, even if the previous treatment wasn’t particularly successful. But it is my goal – and duty – to make recommendations I think will have the greatest positive impact with the least likelihood of harm. Again, I can’t discuss your care directly, but if you are not happy with your current treatment plan, I hope you will work with me to develop a plan that works.

This doctor violates HIPAA violations with his office and he walks into your room and says I'm going to cure you 80% chance I don't know of any cure for arthritis after being a paramedic for twenty-six years I was appalled

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you were unhappy with the care you received. Due to the anonymity of your review and patient privacy laws, I am unfortunately unable to comment on your complaint. I would, however, appreciate the opportunity to determine what may have happened and clarify any miscommunication. I encourage you to submit your comments though our website/contact us/grievance and feedback form. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to resolve the issue quickly for you.

He was rude. Talked down to me and had me in tears by the time I left.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you felt unheard and frustrated. Due to privacy laws and the anonymity of your review, I cannot address your concerns on this forum. However, I invite you to submit your comments on our website/contact us/grievance and feedback form and I can respond to your concerns directly. Best wishes!