Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter A Kouvatsos has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Peter A Kouvatsos has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Peter A Kouvatsos has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
My experience with Dr. Kouvatsos has been great. He and his staff are very good at making sure you have comprehensive health care. He reviews your results prior to meeting with you, and listens to any concerns prior to suggesting a plan of action. The ability to get a prescription for a UTI that seemed to start at 10 pm however was problematic. Called around 7 in the morning attempted to get through to the doctor prior to normal hours with no answer. Called at 8 when they opened, Dr. K wouldn't be in until 9, but it would be called in. I went to the pharmacy at 9 waited until 11 with no prescription called in. Called between 9 and 11 and was told he wouldn't look at prescription requests until his appts were completed. Most prescriptions that would not be a problem, but a UTI there is urgency. This process is unacceptable to me. I will probably switch facilities even though I think Dr. Kouvatsos is great.
Very easy to get an appt especially since the staff is so great. I usually can get an appt the same day. I only have to wait maybe 10 minutes at the most in the waiting room. Dr Kouvatsos is a very intelligent doctor, and cares about my concerns. He spends a good amount of time with me in the office, and if I have a question when I get home, the staff is there to help me over the phone. Everyone is the office has a great bedside manner. I would definitely recommend this office to anyone looking for a great, considerate, knowledgable, kind doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
12 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Peter A Kouvatsos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Consultants of York Inc, 1777 5th Ave, York, PA
Dr. Peter A Kouvatsos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near York, PA.