Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter E Krumins
Dr. Peter E Krumins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gig Harbor, WA, with another office in Tacoma, WA. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Krumins is affiliated with Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center and St Joseph Medical Center. Dr. Krumins has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter E Krumins has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Peter E Krumins has the following 17 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Peter E Krumins has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Peter E Krumins is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Krumins did surgery on my ankle last year. He was supposed to have repaired torn tendons. I have continued to have pain for more than 10 months!! Krumins kept telling me to give my foot more time to heal or to have another surgery to fuse a joint in my foot! I was told this repeatedly. I was forced go back to my gp, who ordered an MRI. The MRI showed that the tendon Krumins reconstructed had torn, the split tear was still there, and I now have tendnosis. Krumins suggested that the MRI had been over-read, and suggested that no conservative treatment would help. He said that I could continue living with my foot like it was or have surgery!! Needless to say I am getting a second opinion. Also, wait times for appointments is horrible! I waited an hour and a half to see Dr. Krumins at m last appt. I believe that my shortest wait time for an appointment has been 45 minutes.
I have had a number of appts. with Dr. Krumins. The shortest wait time I've had was about 30 minutes. One of my appts. was @ 9:45am and I wasn't seen/finished with my appt. until after 1:00pm!! Another time I had an AM appt. where a friend had brought me, and by the time we left the office the little coffee bar downstairs was closed (about 3pm)!!! Most of this time is spent waiting in the waiting room, and in the exam room. At one appt. the first person that came into the room said she was there to schedule my follow-up appointment and I hadn't even seen the dr. yet!! The dr. is good at explaining things, but I always feel rushed, as he is always SO far behind schedule. Once while in the waiting room, I talked to 3 people who had the same appt. time as I did. I think that his staff need to stop double and triple booking Dr. Krumin's appointments.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Krumins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Peter E Krumins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera MultiCare Connected Care
- Premera NW PHYS Network: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter E Krumins in this video.
Dr. Peter E Krumins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gig Harbor, WA.