Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter D Kuhlman
Dr. Peter D Kuhlman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kuhlman is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center Beaches, Memorial Hospital Jacksonville and UF Health Jacksonville. Dr. Kuhlman has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter D Kuhlman has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Peter D Kuhlman has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
Dr. Peter D Kuhlman has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Peter D Kuhlman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I have been a patient of Dr. Kuhlman for approx. 20 years. He is always so gracious and has a wonderful bedside manner which is very important when you are a little nervous about your heart. He is concerned about your health and very knowledgeable. I told my daughter I wish I could carry him around in my hip pocket. Staff is great too.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kuhlman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Peter D Kuhlman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Vincents Cardiology, 4205 Belfort Rd Ste 2069, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter D Kuhlman in this video.
Dr. Peter D Kuhlman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.