Have you seen Dr. Peter E Legnani?

Nightmare

I have been trying for almost 2 months to get a return phone call from Dr. Legnani. You cannot reach the office, they have a service for everything. Left multiple messages to find out results for a test, and the Dr. just does not call back. No one in the office has returned any of my calls. Unprofessional ... uncaring.

Winner of a Doctor

Fantastic doctor, very new office with plenty of space. Saved me from surgery. Can't say enough good things.

Called 4 times left message he never called back Doctor he should always returned his calls at the end of his visit hours.(Not a compassion Doctor) If u are his patients u r only a number!!!!!!

great doctor -- good staff

dr legnani has taken care of 3 of my young adult children. he has been very patient, insightful, and compassionate when dealing with their various intestinal issues. he is now in a new office on Fifth Avenue and his staff is helpful and on the ball.

No doctor is worth being treated so poorly - referral or not, his peers have obviously not stepped foot in his office, or spoken with Raquel over the phone.

Misdiagnosed and ignored!

Legnani, my doctor of 5+ years Misdiagnosed my infected gallbladder as heartburn. Ignored my calls after ending up in the ER. Suffered needlessly for weeks. Finally found a new doctor and was perfectly diagnosed within 5 minutes of meeting me. Legnani also had no concern for my Crohn's flare up also causing me a lot of pain.

dont go here

I like Dr. Legnani. He is a very good doctor. But over the past year I have had trouble with the staff giving him messages. Me leaving four or five messages about my pain and getting refills on meds could take a week. I' he mentioned this to dr and staff and get no reactive response. After seven years of being with this dr. I've decided to go elsewhere. elsewhere a shame.

Staff Terrible, Doctor Slightly Good

Dr Legnani seemed good at first and showed what I thought was genuine interest in patient care. As related by other reviewers, his staff is well, horrible. They are not knowledgable on simple protocols like faxing a prescription nor do they have the courtesy to follow-up on matters with patients. My efforts to get Dr Legnani to intercede have not been fruitful. It appears he does not utilize email or has ignored several of my emails, I suspect the latter. I will find a new doctor who knows how to manage a practice. This is simply unacceptable.

He is a very smart and caring doctor. He made sure I understood everything he was saying and listened without rushing me. His staff was friendly

Excellent doctor, was persistent in getting me into IBD remission

I have ulcerative colitis and have been going to Dr. Legnani for 5 years. I have seen several gastroenterologists, and Dr. Legnani is the best. He made full remission a goal for me and worked diligently to achieve it. When I came to him, I had been sick for some time with fairly severe colitis and also was unhappy being on prednisone. I had seen 3 doctors who basically told me, "That's how it is with refractory colitis, you're sick a lot, the prednisone treatments make you sick." It's very frustrating when you're 22 years old and basically told you're going to be sick forever. They didn't change anything about what I was taking or doing. Dr. Legnani was diligent and persistent and kept tinkering with medications, medication schedules, combinations, etc. He adjusted one thing at a time, keeping track of what made things better or worse, until I was on a prednisone-free regimen that kept me healthy. He specializes in IBD and knows the nuances of IBD medications and treatments, and how they work together, and how to minimize side effects -- in a way that many other gastroenterologists do not.

Very knowledgable.

Finally a doctor who could answer every picky question we had and off the top of his head gave us the hard answers we were looking for. I was impressed with his knowledge and I've been to some of the best gastroenterologists in the city. He was professional and patient with all our questions and fears. I did not like the head receptionist who makes appointments at the front desk. She can get quite nasty and expects you to understand how their practice works without explaining much of anything. If you deviate and ask her something out of the ordinary, she insists you follow some stupid set of rules that make no sense and gets you nowhere. It's best to talk to the person that relays questions to the doctor, especially if you are in an situation where a resolution is needed quickly. The front desk receptionist doesn't like to stray from her check list, even if you are on death's door. She goes from being super professional to flipping out if you don't follow the rules. In our case, we don't have the time. The person who gives messages to the doctor understood this and understood that what the front desk recommended was not relevant in our case. I highly recommend this doctor, but suggest you don't deal with the person making appointments for anything other than appointments.

saved my life

saved my life, he is the best!

Dr. Peter E Legnani is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.

Dr. Peter E Legnani Is this you?