Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Lewy MD
Dr. Peter Lewy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with other offices in Wilmette, IL and Glenview, IL . He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Lewy is affiliated with Glenbrook Hospital, Evanston Hospital and Children's Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Lewy has 3 locations
Dr. Peter Lewy has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Peter Lewy has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Peter Lewy is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I Didn't Lie
Self-verified patient of Dr. Peter Lewy - Posted on December 27th, 2018
Kenneth Weinberger is the liar. Does he really think that I go around writing fake reviews? Please tell me Ken, why does a grown man need to play with the boobs of little girls? Why does a grown man play with the crotches of little girls? Why does a grown man ask little girls if they like to look at themselves naked in the mirror and then say, "Why don't you do that? Aren't you a normal girl?" #timesup Ken. Maybe you think this ok. Maybe you do this to little girls yourself. This man has gotten away with this for far too long with nobody speaking out or doing anything. It's nearly 2019, Ken. Time to #believewomen.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Peter Lewy - Posted on December 16th, 2014
I have kids in their 20s. Great Doc, great associates, great staff. Can appear gruff, but dry sense of humor definitely appreciated by adolescents, and non-neurotic parents. Big fan of breast feeding for babies. Dealt with son's minor football concussion, "So buddy, you got your cage rattled, huh?" Practice efficiently provided records when requested for IEP evaluation. I knew when I was pregnant with 1st kid that if I saw college kids in the waiting room (and I did), it was a good practice that families stayed with until kids aged-out. Have been very pleased. Waiting time for appointments was fine. Figured that if schedule thrown off by emergency, glad they could respond. That could be my kid next time.
Dr. Lewy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Children's Memorial Hospital
Highland Park Hospital
Northshore University Healthsystem
49 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University
Graduated in 1964
Dr. Peter Lewy Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Peter Lewy's office for more information.
2300 N Childrens Plz Chicago, IL : (773) 880-6002
1144 Wilmette Ave Wilmette, IL : (847) 256-6480
3633 W Lake Ave Glenview, IL : (847) 729-6480
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter Lewy, MD - Pediatrics in Chicago, IL, in this video.
Dr. Peter Lewy is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chicago, IL.