Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Liggett
Dr. Peter Liggett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norwich, CT, with other offices in Greenwich, CT and New London, CT (and 6 other locations). He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Liggett is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell, Norwalk Hospital Association and Stamford Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Liggett has the following 2 specialties
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Peter Liggett has the following 21 expertise
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Choroid Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Injuries
- Macular Degeneration
- Penetrating Eye Injuries
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Hemorrhage
- Retinal Perforations
- Vision Disorders
Dr. Peter Liggett has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Peter Liggett is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
He is a terrible doctor and should have his license revoked. Aside from messing up my eye surgery, I hear him sexually harassing his female staff.
My diagnosis of ocular melanoma really threw me for a loop. Dr. Liggett has been wonderful throughout the 4 1/2 years I've been going to him. He has always answered my questions and explained what he was doing and why. I have found Dr. Liggett to be very personable and to have a good sense of humor, which has helped me so much in dealing with this. In addition, his office staff has been extremely nice and helpful. I have no complaints with my care and would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Liggett.
Dr. Liggett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Norwalk Hospital Association
Greenwich Hospital Association
Lawrence & Memorial Hospital
Midstate Medical Center
Hospital Of St Raphael
St Vincent's Medical Center
Yale-New Haven Hospital
Hospital Of Saint Raphael, New Haven CT
New York Presbyterian HospitalNew York Weill Cornell Center
Stamford Medical Services
Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich CT
Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk CT
Lawrence And Memorial Hospital, New London CT
Stamford Hospital, The, Stamford CT
40 Years Experience
Graduated in 1973
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter Liggett in this video.
Dr. Peter Liggett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norwich, CT.