Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter A Looby has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I've seen many positive ratings for Dr. Looby. Mine is anything but positive. The receptionists are rude, the wait time was never less than 2 hours. He spent no more than 10 minutes with me discussing my knee. He did two scopings of my knee, two full rounds of Synvisc, and finally a total knee replacement. Very condescending, rude, acted like I was wasting his time, even though he admitted that there was a serious problem with my knee. He repeatedly told me that I weighed too much and that was causing serious problems. My BMI is normal. On my final check-up to see him after the knee replacement, my daughter (an adult) came with me because she wanted to see if he was as bad as I said he was. She told him to his face that he was very rude, narcissist and condescending. RIGHT ON!!
28 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Peter A Looby accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Institute, 810 E 23rd St Ste 5000, Sioux Falls, SD
Dr. Peter A Looby is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sioux Falls, SD.