Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter S Lorman
Dr. Peter S Lorman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Torrance, CA. He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Lorman is affiliated with Little Company Of Mary San Pedro Hospital, Torrance Memorial Medical Center and Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter S Lorman has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Peter S Lorman has the following 15 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Peter S Lorman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
Had injured some part on my left leg after pushing a cart up a driveway to my car from a market. My leg simply began to flop. Was taken to the, so called, #1 Ortho Hospital in LA where they had no clue, wrapped my leg and sent me on my way. Then, went to an Ortho Clinic a few days later when there was no improvement. They wrapped my foot and leg, did not diagnose and sent me on my way with pills. After no improvement or understanding, went to Dr. Lorman. He diagnosed me correctly after one simple test. It was basically, what he called, a "football injury", had been wrapped incorrectly, I had been given the wrong meds to reduce inflammation and he corrected all of that with one 10 min. visit. Extremely grateful to him. Yes, he seems abrupt, and this, I understand, concerns people. I had been forewarned and was not in the least bit, offended as I saw that he was caring concerned, efficient, just not "fluffy"... at all. A few years later I was, again, misdiagnosed as having arthritis in my knee joint. The doctor had showed me the x-ray and explained why he was certain that was the cause of my pain. Yet, he gave me trouble about getting a copy of my x-ray so I could get a second opinion. I finally got the x-ray as it was my right to pay for and receive a copy. I took it to Dr. Lorman, he had his staff take their own x-ray to compare. When all was done and we were in consultation, he asked who told me I had arthritis. I told him the doctor in my GP group to whom I was referred. He simply turned to me and said, "He be wrong." Very simple, to the point. Gave me the right meds, the right treatment and I was back to 100% within the week. I have gone to Dr. Lorman as my second (and so far, always correct) opinion as I was limited to whom I could see because of the insurance that I had at the time. I have had two broken ankles from an serious accident and because of him, I walk perfectly and with little to no pain after being told I would not walk without a limp for the rest of my life due to the severity of the injuries. Dr. Lorman offered much more hope and much better practices than the numerous physical therapists I had been to after my accident not to mention the orthopedist who handled my accident. She had a great smile, was friendly, but, offered zero hope and little help in bringing me to the best form I could be in following my accident. I am forever grateful to Dr. Lorman. He may not have that warm, inviting, cheerful manner like the other doctors, each of whom failed me, however, he was always spot on, and because of him, my ankles, tendons, knees and other injuries have all healed correctly because of his knowledge and care. I came to know of him, years ago, when he operated on a friend. It was supposed to be a simple procedure, but, once he saw that it was not going to be "typical" and needed the expert skills of someone who knew about the intricacies of the vascular system, he left surgery to call the another surgeon or she may have lost the use of that limb. Even my friend knew that it would/could have gone much differently had he truly been arrogant. Dr. Lorman always gave me realistic hope. He would not tell me I was going to be perfect, but, he would give me the heart to improve to the best of my ability, never saying, as others would say, "Well, that's as good as you're ever going to be." So very, very grateful....
Dr. Lorman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
53 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1965
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Peter S Lorman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Surgical Specialists, 23600 Telo Ave Ste 180, Torrance, CA
Dr. Peter S Lorman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.