Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Peter C Mandel
Dr. Peter C Mandel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Freehold, NJ, with other offices in Matawan, NJ and Matawan, NJ (and 1 other location). He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Mandel is affiliated with Centrastate Medical Center. Dr. Mandel has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter C Mandel has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Peter C Mandel has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
Dr. Peter C Mandel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 12
Even tough I was late they to ok me in presta quick. Dr. Mandel took the time to sit down with me and listen to my medical problems. He explained and narrowed down what could be the problem with me and not only that but take an extra day to see me again to come down to a conclusion. He was very kind and genial with me when I was in great pain. I would highly recommend him to many people to him.
I have been going to Dr. Mandel for about 20 years. He is very courteous and thorough. The nurses that work in the back are very friendly and polite. However, the people that work at the front desk leave quite a bit to be desired. Usually when you call to make an appointment you are put on hold for a few minutes then when you speak to someone they sound like you are bothering them. I have been going to the same office for over 20 years. Recently, I have been going quite often and every time you go they ask to scan your insurance card. I understand that insurance changes maybe 1 a year but not every couple of months.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mandel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1983
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Peter C Mandel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter C Mandel, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Freehold, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Peter C Mandel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Freehold, NJ.