Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter C Mandel
Dr. Peter C Mandel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Freehold, NJ, with other offices in Matawan, NJ and Manalapan, NJ (and 1 other location). He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Mandel is affiliated with Centrastate Medical Center. Dr. Mandel has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter C Mandel has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Peter C Mandel has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
Dr. Peter C Mandel has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Peter C Mandel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Even tough I was late they to ok me in presta quick. Dr. Mandel took the time to sit down with me and listen to my medical problems. He explained and narrowed down what could be the problem with me and not only that but take an extra day to see me again to come down to a conclusion. He was very kind and genial with me when I was in great pain. I would highly recommend him to many people to him.
I have been going to Dr. Mandel for about 20 years. He is very courteous and thorough. The nurses that work in the back are very friendly and polite. However, the people that work at the front desk leave quite a bit to be desired. Usually when you call to make an appointment you are put on hold for a few minutes then when you speak to someone they sound like you are bothering them. I have been going to the same office for over 20 years. Recently, I have been going quite often and every time you go they ask to scan your insurance card. I understand that insurance changes maybe 1 a year but not every couple of months.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mandel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1983
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Peter C Mandel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter C Mandel in this video.
Dr. Peter C Mandel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Freehold, NJ.