Dr. Peter G Mangone Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter G Mangone?

Peter Mangone performed a complex surgery on my ankle with excellent results. I believe him to be VERY highly skilled and honest and would recommend him to anyone, based on my experience.

the good and bad

Dr. Mangone installed intramedullary nail (titanium rod) in tibia after it was broken in a motorcycle crash. he was nice enough but there were problems. first, surgery was done at mission hosp in asheville nc. and while drilling a screw hole in the bottom of the leg, he inadvertently came out the back of my leg because he didn't stop drilling in time. a furniture maker would have used a drill stop or depth gauge to ensure this didn't happen. and i'm not saying the second problem was his fault, but i was sent home monday afternoon which was the day after the surgery. thursday night i started having chills and my wife who is an R.N. checked my temperature and it was 103 deg. the next morning was no better so she took me to johnson city medical center which is closer to where we live. i was admitted and kept for 4 days and nights while being pumped full of I.V. antibiotics to fight a mrsa infection which resulted from my surgery or possibly my stay at mission hospital. my leg was so swollen my wife and i were afraid it might have to be amputated. all this added to my recovery time and the stress on my body and the work it had to do during the healing process. it has been a long hard road to recovery and it's better but not over yet.

Relief from Foot Pain

After several surgeries by another ortho surgeon, Dr. Mangone performed surgery on my foot to remove a bunion and to bury the nerve to alleviate the pain I had been enduring for years - a success.

Dr. Peter G Mangone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Asheville, NC.