Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter I Margolis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Peter I Margolis has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Peter I Margolis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I wonder what some of the people submitting negative reviews expect from a doctor. Dr. Margolis is an extremely competent and thorough doctor. He is net in his discussions of patient health issues but never shows any indication of being rude. He has a sense of humor that some hypersensitive people may not appreciate but which I find refreshing. He is always willing to answer questions in depth and never seems to be in a hurry to go on to the next patient. I am always impressed that he follows up very quickly and personally by phone with results of routine lab tests, unlike previous experiences with other physicians.
My experience is that Margolis has no bed side manner, does not realize he is in a client service industry and treats you like you are wasting his time. He spends little time with patients, is not very good at explaining and can not wait to get off the phone when you finally get a hold of him. As a result, I have little confidence in him and would only trust him with the very basics. Anything complicated or serious requires a much better level of care that he has not shown the capacity to provide.
Very good physician; caring man.
Dr. Margolis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Peter I Margolis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & DirectionsPeter Ira Margolis Md, 333 S Moorpark Rd, Thousand Oaks, CA
Dr. Peter I Margolis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.