Dr. Peter Masso Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Peter Masso?

First initial visit

Posted on November 7th, 2016

My son was referred to see an orthopedic in May as his PT thought all he might need is braces for his feet. When we saw Dr. Masso he thought other wise. Had an X-ray done of his hips and it showed my son had bilateral hip dysplasia. When he started to explain what all my son will need done. I broke down and I cried. As my son is onlu 2.5 years old and by then he had already had 4 different surgeries. So to hear this I kinda tunes out since I was in shock. Instead of him letting me recollect my thoughts so I can actually ask questions. He basically told me to go do my research, call all his doctors and they were a lot and I have 2 months to make a decision and when do I want to come back to discuss surgery. I had no idea why we had 2 months to make a decision nor anything that he even needed done. Instead of explaining again and letting me ask questions. He preferred not to deal with that. So I came home not knowing nothing but that he had bilateral hip dysplasia and it was an extensive surgery with risks amd 4 hours. That's ALL. I never went nack2 to see him as I didn't feel comfortable with him even performing any surgery on my son. And we went to see another orthopedic for a 2nd opinion and that was by far the best decision. 2Nd doctor explained everything and he took his time to explain all. So I will never recommend Dr. Masso. By far one of the worst experience of my life and he handled that visit horrible.

When it comes to Harrington Rods.... Dr. Peter Masso is the BEST!

Posted on November 14th, 2015

I can not say enough great things ab out this amazing surgeon. He operated on our daughter who had severe scoliosis and the job he did changed her life forever...

No tact

Posted on October 29th, 2014

He also used no discretion when telling my 14 year old that the only option was back surgery. My son said afterwards he felt like the doctor had given up on him and he was hopeless. NO TACT and didn't seem to care that surgery was the last thing on our minds during our initial consultation with him. Way to explore other options. Won't go back.

Posted on September 17th, 2014

Doctor masso has been my daughters doctor for seven years and we are grateful towards him

Posted on February 28th, 2011

Overall excellent experience at the Shriners. Dr. Masso was fabulous, I would recommend to all.

Impersonal and no tact for dealing with children, bully!

Posted on October 7th, 2010

He used no discretion when telling my 12 yr. old niece she needs two metal rods put into her back. Scared her to death and didn't even comfort her as she cried. Very insensitive. Look into other alternative measures before putting metal rods into your loved ones back.....

Posted on May 15th, 2017