Dr. Peter Matsuura Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Peter Matsuura?

Abusive and condescending . . .

Posted on December 6th, 2017

I'm really besides myself with this doctor. Can't believe I just had this experience. I recently broke my leg and was referred to him. He didn't seem to know what the right course of action was, leaving it up to me to make a decision with the partial information he was providing. Right there on the spot and immediately. When I said, "I just want to make sure I don't have to deal with this years from now," his response was, "You broke it!" What? Seriously? So unsympathetic. He said that if I had come in on the day it was broken that he would have realigned my leg and put plate, but since some time had passed that he wasn't sure that was the best course of action. When I told him I called his office the day of the accident after I was discharged from the ER and was told that they usually wait a week or two anyway to allow inflammation to go down, he had nothing to say to that. When I told him that I was told I would need a referral from my regular doc, he says, "Well that's cause you're on welfare." Whatever. He was also very rough when cleaning my swollen foot causing extreme pain. I had to ask him twice to go light and he didn't. Finally I told him to stop and he did. I've NEVER had an experience like this with a doctor. He was arrogant, condescending, insensitive, and rude. Steer clear of this character 100%!!!

Very Professional, Very Courteous, Very Focused, Very Kind...

Posted on December 20th, 2016

Appreciate the Promptness & Professionalism of his Staff... Verrry well-trained...Very Courteous...Very Patient... A Happy & Healthy Holiday Season to Dr Peter Matsuura & Team...

Very unfortunate and disappointing

Posted on August 31st, 2016

I think when things don't go his way he has a tantrum and if he is not considered the all knowing Ortho-MD, he has a hissy-fit and does vindictive things. Can be vindictive and passive aggressive at the expense of doing the right thing for his patient. For my family memberʻs instance, when her mainland physician gave him clear instructions on how she would like to have him carry over her plan for a patientʻs broken wrist, he does the opposite. Then when his solution causes terrible nerve pain into the patientʻs hand and fingers, he says "itʻs just nerve pain" condescendingly. But when the patient asked that he follow the attending MDs directions he did so, but with a vindictive twist like thinly applying a layer of cotton, then unnessecarily placing the fiber glass cast all the way up to her DIP joints so that the patient was not functional and had macerated skin between her fingers and the cast is not well-padded so it caused pain to areas of her hand and irritation at the cast edges. Left the me and the family member I recommended to see Dr Matsuura, upset and fearful to return. Staff was reportedly courteous and apologetic for his childish behavior. No follow up call to see how patient was doing as far pain and no follow-up with the patientʻs attending physician who tried to reach out to ensure that her plan of care was followed. This is very unfortunate, very disappointing.

Rude, pompous, and rascist against haoles

Posted on September 27th, 2015

I had to have a steroid injection because of joint pain. Simple enough for an orthopedist. This doctor was rough and the injection was extremely painful. I am not a wimp but when I winced in pain he just laughed. He was a complete a hole. I also heard him make derogatory remarks about haoles outside my exam room. I have had this done probably 6 different times in my life and never experienced anything like this jerk.

HORRIBLE WASTE OF TIME

Posted on May 2nd, 2014

IVE SEEN THIS DR 4X AND IVE WAITED NO LESS THAN 3 HOURS IN WAITING ROOM ONLY TO WAIT ANOTHER 20-30 MINUTES TO SEE DR FOR 5 MINUTES.

Posted on October 1st, 2012

never called back rude!!! took weeks and the secratery was bad!!!

Posted on May 23rd, 2012

Dr Matsuura did emergency surgery after I broke the femoral neck. Being a visitor from NY I was very happy to have such excellent care by him and the staff at Hilo hospital.

what a jerk dr.

Posted on March 23rd, 2012

his bedside manner is the worst. he should never have any contact, verbal or otherwise with a patient except in the operating room.

Very satisfied elderly female

Posted on March 13th, 2012

Peter Matsuura has been treating both my worn out shoulders which caused me extreme pain. I can now move my arms in circular motions.

This Doctor hasn't a clue how to give a proper diagnosis

Posted on May 24th, 2011

Peter is a horrible doctor, his assumbtion was just that. He wanted to do surgery on my knee without an MRI scan to see exaclty where the problem was. I sought out a second opinoin and he discharged me as a patient, I wounder why? (LOL) Just as i thoutht, his diagnosis was incorrect. What a quack!!!Just a little heades up, make sure you get a second opinion before you let him cut you open.

First class

Posted on February 1st, 2011

We are visiting from the mainland and had to go to emergency room on Sunday. They referred us to Dr. Matsuura for follow-up on the following Monday. I called and explained situation and they fit me in right away. Considering that I was a "squeezed-in" appointment, I only waited 15 minutes before getting into the room to see the doctor. All staff were very helpful and courteous as well as concerned yet very friendly. Dr. Matsuura spent asking me questions, reviewing the emerg. Room X-ray and explaining my condition and what I could and could not do while continuing our vacation. Efficient experience with true caring and concern. Would definitely see him again if we were living here or needed to on this trip. Would recommend to friends and family as well if they found themselves in need of a orthopedic doctor in Hilo.

Posted on September 7th, 2010

He didn't operate right away and gave me options that I tried until I decided I was ready for surgery. Surgery worked.