Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter F Mcilveen has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Obesity (Bariatrics)
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 50
The though part of writing this review is that Dr. McIlveen desearves way more than 5 stars for bedside manner. I met Dr. McIlveen in the ER when I was pregnant and having a problem. He answered all my questions, was very thorough and very kind. I transferred my care to him and I will never go anywhere else. Last month he delivered my precious daughter. My care and delivery were great under thanks to Dr. McIlveen. God bless you and your staff, you are all like family to me now.
Dr. McIlveen has delivered all 4 of my babies. He really cares about his patients. He takes the time to answer all your questions and addresses your concerns, you are NEVER rushed out the door. Congratulations on your 5 year compassionate doctor award, no doctor desearves this more. I love this man. The staff is awesome too.
I have been seing Dr. McIlveen for 10 years. He delivered both of my children. He is wonderful, always listens to me and really cares about all his patients. I now also see him at North Carolina Weight & Wellness and he has helped me lose 65 pounds in the last 4 months, I feel great and I can't believe I have finally lost weight. He is the only physician around that knows alot about integrative medicine and has helped me become alot healthier. Elkin is very lucky to have Dr. McIlveen
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2009, 2008, 2010, 2015, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013, 2016, 2010, 2012, 2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Mcilveen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Peter F Mcilveen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTotal Woman Care, 942 Johnson Ridge Rd, Elkin, NC
Dr. Peter F Mcilveen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elkin, NC.