Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter McIlveen MD, FACOG
Dr. Peter McIlveen has 3 locations
942 Johnson Ridge Rd. Suite 100
Elkin, NC 28621
19732 Norman Blvd. Suite 310
Cornelius, NC 28031
Dr. Peter McIlveen has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Peter McIlveen has the following 4 expertise
- Obesity (Bariatrics)
- Hot Flashes
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016, 2017)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
20 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Peter McIlveen Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Peter McIlveen's office for more information.
942 Johnson Ridge Rd. Suite 100 Elkin, NC : (336) 526-5265
19732 Norman Blvd. Suite 310 Cornelius, NC : (704) 275-9355
942 Johnson Ridge Rd Elkin, NC : (336) 526-3500
More about Dr. Peter McIlveen
Peter McIlveen, MD, FACOG, ABOM, is a board-certified physician with nearly two decades of training and experience in obesity medicine. North Carolina Weight & Wellness of Elkin and Cornelius, North Carolina, ...
Locations & Directions
Dr. Peter McIlveen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elkin, NC.