Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter I Monheit has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 10
I had the dis-pleasure of sitting in this office listening to the office manager / Dr's wife speak to patients like they were trash. She is rude and overbearing. I asked the staff how lng they had worked there, one lady has been there over 15 years all I can say is GOD BLESS HER and I must tell you she is the sweetest most helpful young lady, her and the other nurse Who is also the sweetwest lady they make the office. DR PETER MONHEIT I TRANSFERRED ME AND MY HUSBAND AND OUR TWO KIDS FROM YOUR FACILITY DUE TO YOUR RUDE WIFE/OFFICE MANAGER.. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS APPOINT THE NICE LADY AT THE DESK AS THE NEW OFFICE MANAGER AND RETIRE YOUR WIFE. Your practice is going to lose out if you keep her in charge
Absolutely the most rude, nasty, and inconsiderate front desk staff. Not only were they abrupt and impatient in their dealings with me at the desk, but I also heard them speaking that way, to what seemed from the conversation, other professional offices. They are all bullies and even though the doctor was great, I will not, and encourage others, to not patronize this office! Healthcare is more than just seeing a doctor, it is the feeling that you are important to the whole of the practice! Dr Monheit should take note of this as these people represent both he and his practice and they are leaving a very poor impression.
When I made the appoint the receptionist was efficient, but grumpy. Upon arriving for the appointment the office staff seemed more interested in the conversation they were having among themselves than helping me check in as a new patient. The wait time between getting there and Dr. Monheit coming into the room was 45 minutes. Dr. Monheit provided good care and was attentive during the visit, but his medical assistant was proficient with the breathing test so I had to do it a series of 4 times to get it to work. Today I called to ask for a referral to a specialist. The receptionist aggressively informed me "WE DON'T HAVE CONTROL OVER THAT!!!" She instead offered me an appointment with Dr. Monhiet. Needless to say I declined the appoint and will be finding a new physician. Very unprofessional operation despite adequate care from Dr. Monheit.
50 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Peter I Monheit accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMonheit Family Practices, 3545 S Tamarac Dr Ste 130, Denver, CO
Dr. Peter I Monheit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.