Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter J Niciforos has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 9
Oh Boy! A surgeon in Vietnam with arthritis in his knees! I'm sure "Dr.Nici" was proficient at some point.. Now? I've been seeing him (he doesn't seem to see me) for 11 months. It's disconcerting that every visit I'm a total stranger. It honestly took 7 mo. to address my most serious issue! 7 painfully long months. Had an unrelated surgery during this time which the surgeon was canceling due to heart enlargement. Dr Nici overrode the decision thinking the issue was entirely different. HE DOES NOT LISTEN!! EVER! His staff has made mistake after mistake. If you have a sore throat..see him. Anything else don't waste your time. Worst doc ive ever had. He's brash, rude, you are always wrong, he never listens!
This doctor takes a very aggressive way to help with medical problems and does not hesitate to get prompt referrals to specialists. Doctor takes a thorough assessment and goes over need and what is not needed in medication. The front office is professional and the medical staff including medical assistants and rad techs treat you with respect and courtesy. If you need a doctor don't hesitate to go to this office as they have made me feel that my care was very important.
55 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1963
Dr. Peter J Niciforos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPeter John Niciforos Md, 10837 Laurel St Ste 104, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Dr. Peter J Niciforos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rancho Cucamonga, CA.