Dr. Peter Okelly Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Peter Okelly?

Mom of 7 year old child operated on by Dr O'Kelly

Posted on August 20th, 2014

Office staff very nice as well as pre-op personnel but positive experience ends there. Only one parent was allowed back and I Dr. O'Kelly never spoke to is after surgery. He was sitting at a desk on computer when we left. We were never told our child had a suture that would need to be removed. Surgery was sloppy (my other son has medical needs and I am a frequent flyer at another children's hospital) and the suture has since completely embedded itself in his skin. We are doing our follow up with a pediatric urologist tomorrow. In addition, my child was forced out of anesthesia and I was called back after he had woken up because they could not calm him. He is 7! Then, I pulled his blanket back to find my child was fully clothed including his briefs. I asked again for my husband to please come back and was told he was not allowed. Only one parent. I removed my child's briefs and shorts because they were over his surgical site with minimal bandaging. My child was rushed out of the surgical center and almost fell out of wheelchair while nurse pushing him down the hall. I spent an hour crying in my car while my child slept drooling because he has still extremely sedated from anesthesia. Follow up nurse a few days later told me our experience was "normal" and that the doctors don't always speak to parents after surgeries and sometimes request nurses dress children. Tomorrow my child is going to Columbia and will require another procedure to fix what was not done well. My poor kiddo! NO. I would not recommend this doctor or this facility. No child should have the horrid experience that my little guy had.

Posted on February 17th, 2014

Have recommended several friends to Dr Okelly. Dx has always been right on. Tx scheduled ASAP. Explains Dx and procedures. Answers all questions. Never rushes you. If you have a question he,s happy to answer it. Kind staff. Easy to see Dr Okelly when it,s an emergency. Overall he,s the best urologist I,ve ever had. I have been under a urology care since my birth 54 yrs ago. When my urologist retired he recommended Dr Okelly. Best recommendation I,ve ever been given.

Posted on November 21st, 2011

Rude unfriendly receptionist! This is the only negative thing I experienced. Dr. O'Kelly is outstanding.

Posted on September 22nd, 2017