Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Ott
Dr. Peter Ott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ, with other offices in Tucson, AZ and Sierra Vista, AZ (and 1 other location). He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Ott is affiliated with Diamond Children's Medical Center, Northwest Medical Center and University Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Ott has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Peter Ott has the following 19 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Bundle-Branch Block
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
- Ventricular Fibrillation
Dr. Peter Ott has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Peter Ott is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I have lived with heart failure for 13 years, and have had a defibrillator the whole time. I have had 6 different and skilled people place them for me, and Dr. Ott is by far the most skilled, attentive and knowlegable of all of them from institutions such as Stanford U Hospital, St. Paul Heart and Minnesota Heart Institute. I come to Arizona to replace my defibrillators with Dr. Ott because he is so especially good.
Poor bedside manner, came in angry after making ME wait an hour. Surgical procedure very painful, no reguard for patients pain! Poor communications on procedures. Would not recommend him to any of my friemds .
Dr. Ott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Medical Center
University Physicians Hospital at Kino
Tucson Heart Hospital
30 Years Experience
Graduated in 1987
University Of Arizona
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Peter Ott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.