Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter S Palermo has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Peter S Palermo has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Peter S Palermo has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Pretty poor customer service on getting through to Dr. Do not take calls after closing, only if you want to change or cancel an appt. Nothing more. Seems like when I do go to office there is always new nurse or LPN's working the halls. Never dedicated employees who stay around awhile....I wonder why? And when you are in the office, you get the feeling that your nothing but a number on the 'Head Count" for the day...(how many did I see today? Let's rush it a little more so my numbers look good for the month)......I have been telling the doc about symptoms as we are exiting the exam room and walking to the front desk area. Never have had my primary care call back and speak to me in the eight yrs I have been going to this group. Not once! Course I can't comment on all the doc's in this practice because I basically have only seen two...and it applies to the primary care only.....the doc., a specialist was more consumer friendly.
I was very dissatisfied with my visit to see Palermo. I felt that that he was very short with me and had a very poor bed side manner. I felt like I was getting grilled like in a lawyer's office because of the medical decisions that a previous doctor had made. Otherwise the front desk staff and the nurses are very helpful and wonderful to work with.
33 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Peter S Palermo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorthwest Health Care Associates-Hoffman Estates, 1555 Barrington Rd Ste 2300A, Hoffman Estates, IL
Dr. Peter S Palermo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hoffman Estates, IL.