Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter H Park has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Peter H Park has the following 9 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Unstable Angina
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Heart Block
Dr. Peter H Park has 3 board certified specialties
Dr. Peter H Park is Board Certified in 3 specialties
Showing 5 of 14
I underwent surgery last week for implant of a pacemaker due to my low pulse rate over several years. I have experienced A fib events twice in the past few years as well. During the surgery for the implant I experienced A fib events twice as a result of the irritation in the heart as the lead wires were being placed into the heart. Dr Park performed defibrillation on me twice as a result and successfully implanted the device, retaining my safety during the process. I applied him for that and am very grateful for that. Instead of the normal hour to an hour-and-a half, the procedure took about two hours of his time and effort. Thanks so much again.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
22 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Peter H Park accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsMidwest Heart And Vascular Specialists, 5701 W 119th St Ste 430, Leawood, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter H Park in this video.
Dr. Peter H Park is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leawood, KS.