Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Smith
Dr. Peter Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fredericksburg, VA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Stafford Hospital Center, Mary Washington Hospital and Mary Washington Hospital, Fredericksbrg, Va. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Smith has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Stafford Hospital Center
Mary Washington Hospital
Mary Washington Hospital, Fredericksbrg, Va
48 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1965
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Peter Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions511 Park Hill Dr, Fredericksburg, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter Smith in this video.
Dr. Peter Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fredericksburg, VA.