Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter M Ranta
Dr. Peter M Ranta, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sault Sainte Marie, MI. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ranta is affiliated with Helen Newberry Joy Hospital And Healthcare Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter M Ranta has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever
- Food Allergies
- Drug Allergy
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Watery Eyes
Showing 5 of 12
My son has had asthma since he was 3. He was always a difficult case, lots of midnight hospital visits, Dr. Ranta was always able to see my son right away when he was having difficulty and was very thorough. It was never a long wait in the waiting room and staff are so very pleasant and excellent with my smaller children. Dr. Ranta was able to find a combination to get my son's asthma under control. I am very pleased with the care we received, and was very sad to have to find a new doctor when we moved out of state. I would highly recommend Dr. Ranta.
After getting through 7 days without antihistimines as instructed by the staff so I could be allergy tested, Dr. Ranta, entered the room, asked me several questions, reviewed my history then told me I had scabies !He barely came near my body and just pronounced that diagnosis. He prescribed a scabicide and that was the end of the appointment.I had the itching and and other symptoms of an allergic reaction so of course the scabies medication wasn't effective. After having the symptoms for 7 months and having no relief and going to emergency rooms for injections in order to get relief, he just brushed me off. I'll never go back to that doctor !None of my family members or anyone on close physical contact with me got "scabies". So for what it's worth I found him to be negligent.
Dr. Ranta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Peter M Ranta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGreat Lakes Allergy & Asthma, 309 W 12th Ave Ste 101, Sault Sainte Marie, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter M Ranta in this video.
Dr. Peter M Ranta is similar to the following 1 Doctors near Sault Sainte Marie, MI.