Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter A Rao has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 30
He is good for suboxone patients with co-exisisting mental illness. Although he is a very good doctor and good at his job, I personally always had a hard time feeling comfortable talking to him and so just going to my appointments caused lots of anxiety. That is not all Dr. Rao's fault that I experienced anxiety just from going to my appointments with him but he should have noticed my anxiety (which he did to a degree) because it is very noticeable when I'm anxious
I was a patient of Dr.Rao for months. His office scheduled me quickly, my visits were efficient & I was able to return to work in a timely manner. I was satisfied: AT FIRST! My insurance company notified me that they no longer would pay for my suboxene prescriptions. I very CLEARLY told Dr.Rao & his office staff that I could no longer see him because I couldnt afford suboxene anymore. They encouraged me to come in for a visit & Dr.Rao would put me on subutex. After paying $250.00 for a visit Dr.Rao Refused to prescribe me subutex! Even though he was well aware that I was not paying for a visit unless he was going to put me on meds my insurance would pay for (subutex) He never had intentions of changing my medicine, he just wanted the money! After an entire day of no one returning my calls, & NO meds, Dr.Rao Finally called me: he was VERY RUDE & hung up in my face! This man does Not care about anyone's well being but his own! Isnt it illegal to take a patients money & reuse to help them?!
Dr. Rao is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Peter A Rao accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsLaureate Psychiatric Clinic, 5544 S Lewis Ave Ste 600, Tulsa, OK
Dr. Peter A Rao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.