Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter D Ray has the following 2 specialties
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
Dr. Peter D Ray has the following 8 expertise
- Hair Restoration
- Adrenal Surgery (Adrenalectomy)
- Skin Cancer
- Experimental Diabetes Mellitus
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Laser Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Surgery
Dr. Peter D Ray is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Ray performed otoplasty on my son and did a wonderful job! He and his staff were the nicest, most personable doctors that I have encountered. He personally stayed in touch with us after the surgery and was helpful with any questions we had. We are also very pleased with the results. I would highly recommend him!
When I first met Dr. Ray, I had a very severe problem that came from the result of cancer treatment. My face and scalp were disfigured from both surgery and Radiation treatments. Dr. Ray agreed to help me when no other Plastic Surgeon would (and I had seen about 5 of them by that point). Dr. Ray brought me back to my normal appearance and I am eternally grateful to him. He had the best bedside manner and is clearly one of the most skilled surgeons in my town of Birmingham, as none of the other Plastic Surgeons I sae felt they could help me and were afraid even to try.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
23 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Peter D Ray accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMarshall Healthmarshall Surgery, 5185 US Route 60 Ste 26, Huntington, WV
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter D Ray in this video.
Dr. Peter D Ray is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntington, WV.