Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter M Reynolds has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Went in for what seemed to be a torn meniscus. He never even touched my knee and never mind diagnosed it. Never even had me raise my jeans to look at it. His bedside manner was weird and unsettling. Creepy even; no social skills. He asked a few worthless questions and sent me into x-rays so they could make some money from their machines. It showed nothing (duh!), so he sent me for MRI. Paid for follow up appt which was just him telling me MRI report said it was fine, go to PT. (I needed to wait almost an hour for that and pay for another appt?) Well he was wrong. Kept having issues, it got far worse.. Went to new doctor who did a proper examination and immediately asked why I didn't have surgery months ago (you need MRIs AND exam). I should have sued him; my knee will always be worse thanks to him. Then after telling me they were under my insurance (as did insurance company), they were not and wanted an insane amount of money. Office staff VERY rude. I paid some and went after insurance company who paid it. They kept insurances and my money. AVOID! Unless you don't care about your body.
Had meniscus tears on both sides of the knee, painful to walk and I was worried that the ligaments were also damaged. He did xray and MRI and was able to determine where the tears were. He did arthoscopic surgery to clean up the tears, no ligament damage and I walked out. Spent the next two weeks walking and a couple rehab classes with continued ice/heat anytime I was sitting. Needed the rehab classes as they told me what exercises to do to have the muscles fire that support the knee. 4 weeks later I was Xcountry skiing, and 5 weeks later downhill skiing, as aggressive as I always while being a Ski instructor at Jackson Mountain Resort.
Almost had arthroscopic surgery from this man who came highly recommended. After doing own research, realized he was recommending an outdated and potentially seriously damaging technique, a lateral release. Also, he failed to do a proper work up (proper Xrays) and did not recommend physical therapy first (standard practice before surgery) and immediately launched into wanting to do surgery. Luckily, did not need surgery and saw other specialists, did physical therapy and avoided him altogether. Lateral release is seldom recommended and can cause major knee damage if done for the wrong reasons. The place he works is nothing but a surgery factory.
41 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1977
Fairview University Medical Center
Dr. Peter M Reynolds accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSanta Cruz Orthopedic Institute, 4140 Jade St Ste 100, Capitola, CA
Dr. Peter M Reynolds is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Capitola, CA.