Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Rizzo
Dr. Peter Rizzo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bronxville, NY. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Rizzo is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital, St John's Riverside Hospital - Andrus Pavilion and St. John's Riverside Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Rizzo has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Disorders
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Medicine
Showing 5 of 71
Waited 3 weeks for appointment ( even though already established patient) for swelling and significant pain in knee ( acute problem) doctor rizzo walked out on me at appointment time bc he had "a meeting. " abandoned me on the spot. Staff and doctor very dismissive. Would not recommend or let him perform surgery on me. His needs come before the patients.
I am totally disgusted by the treatment that My 13 year old son received from Dr. Rizzo. After being kept waiting in his office for an hour and a half, Dr. Rizzo decided to leave it up to a 13 year old as to whether the cast on his broken wrist should come off or not. He then did not even explain to my son what he was about to do and came at him with the saw. Of course my son was nervous and asked him to be careful and he told my son that he was rude. He then just put an ace bandage on his wrist after he said he would be wearing a splint. I had to go out and buy my own splint. We will not be returning to this sorry excuse for a doctor. He has absolutely no idea how to work with children and from the other reviews that I had read, it doesn't seem like he knows how to work with adults either.
Dr. Rizzo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St John's Riverside Hospital - Andrus Pavilion
St. John's Riverside Hospital
Montefiore Medical Center
26 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Peter Rizzo accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLawrence Medical Associates, 77 Pondfield Rd, Bronxville, NY
Dr. Peter Rizzo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronxville, NY.