Dr. Peter H Robbins Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Peter H Robbins?

Concerned Parent

This practice is all about greed. They do not take insurance saying this gives them a better advantage to treat their patients, but just remember every time you go there each Dr or Therapist will walk you from your appointment with your bill in hand right up to the cashier so you cannot leave the office without paying in full. But more importantly they do not take insurance so they do not have to follow HIPPA, so basically they do not follow the HIPPA regulations, just ask them, they only follow their so-called office policies, which are all design not to help the patient, but to get the MONEY. If you want Doctors who do as little work as possible, and put more effort into getting you into the office to get your money then to treat or care for their patients this is the place to go. Dr Robbin’s and his “crew” are doing all they can to make as much money as possible at the expense of desperate parents.

Dr. Robbins makes excellent first impressions with his cordialness, receptiveness, and understanding. However, after five sessions with my child (about half the time I sat in as well) we decided to stop seeing him. His advice started to come across as presumptuous. Dr Robbins became more concerned with giving advice than addressing my concerns. Also, he was too dismissive of other doctor's physical (non psychological) diagnoses which contributed to my child's condition. To top it off, on our last visit as we were finishing, he increased our usual bill charge (for the same amount of time) because the "diagnosis of the discussion changed". It felt like I was being taken advantage of.

He spent 15-25 minutes evaluating my child and made a dx based on that. Shameful. Sorry but not every case is that cut and dry and if he thinks they are, he does a disservice to all special needs kids .

Does not care about the patient

Long story to write but a family member ended up in the hospital this doctor prescribed a medication and never checked blood levels to make sure it was not an overdose. After many attempts to ask this doctor what was going on and getting an answer of "I have never seen these symptoms before with this med", my family member ended up in the hospital and thank god a good psychiatrist realized the problem and took him off the medication causing the problem. This doctor found out about the problem and never even asked how his patient was feeling. Too much pride...

Stay away!

I had heard that Dr. Robbins had a great reputation so I went to this group, only to find out later that many former patients agree that the good PAST performance of Dr. Robbins is exactly that, good PAST performance. It was difficult to get an appointment, the front desk staff is rude, and the psychologist we had see our child did not listen to us and our concerns. We also saw a psychiatrist in this practice who would spend 5 minutes talking to us, 10 minutes talking to our son, and then 10 minutes telling us all the things that were wrong with him while ignoring the information we were trying to provide. She didn't ever take time to know him and then when we asked for a write up of the diagnosis, she refused. I am baffled as to how you spend thousands of dollars and can't get something in writing about the analysis and findings. You would do MUCH better to find a psychologist or psychiatrist elsewhere. Don't bother with this group. They are overrated.