Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter O Rostenberg has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
I have been a patient of Dr. Rostenbergs for approx. nine years and have nothing but wonderful things to say about him and his staff. He truly cares about his patients and goes above and beyond to help people and the staff are all warm and caring. I read the negative comment posted and had to respond because Dr. Rostenberg saved my life and was instrumental in motivating me to go back to school to get my BSW and Masters degree. He is a pioneer in addiction treatment and I can ony summize that any negative experience might mean that person might not be following an honest program. I have and will continue to send patients to him, including my own parents, who have both grown to respect and admire him. Keep up the great work Dr. R, you are a truly amazing doctor.
Dr.Rosstenberg is rude,inappropriate,inconsiderate & uncaring.I would NOT recommend him to anyone.He has driven me out of his office several times in tears because of his unprofessional comments.On multiple occasions,he has made belittling comments about my weight & appearance,telling me I "look terrible","face it,your fat","you need to dress up next time-put on some make up,do your hair,put some nice clothes on." In addition,he now has terminated me as a patient w/o giving me any kind of notice & refused to give me access to a 30day refill on my medication to allow me time to find a new physician.
I read a good rating of DR. Rostenberg at another website and visited him as a result of the rating. It seems that his office staff must have rated him. I waited olmost an hr. to be seen ( and his office was empty but for a man sleeping on a couch ) his office was dirty, depressing. His staff was rude. This was nothing in comparison to the Dr. himself. He is ARROGANT, RUDE, blatantly nasty and gave me medical advice which is contrary ( in fact dangerous) to my medical condition. When I queried his medical position on my treatmeant he belligerantly said " MY time is incredibly valuable " and got nasty with me. I left my appt. with him midway as I was treated so disrespectfully that I'm still confused about what this guys problem *is*. I suspect a personality disorder. My wife still feels upset about how nasty he was. AWFUL! AWFUL !
47 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Harlem Hospital Center
Dr. Peter O Rostenberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPeter Orrin Rostenberg Md, 71 State Route 39, New Fairfield, CT
Dr. Peter O Rostenberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Fairfield, CT.