Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Ruiz
Dr. Peter Ruiz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine, Psychiatry and Child Psychiatry. Dr. Ruiz is affiliated with New York Harbor Healthcare System, New York Presbyterian / Westchester and Mt Sinai Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Ruiz has the following 3 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child Psychiatry
A pediatric/adolescent psychiatrist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating mental and emotional conditions in young children and adolescents.
These specialists study psychopathological disorders and their causes in order to prevent and identify them in their patients. These disorders may be caused by biological, psychosocial, genetic, demographic, or environmental factors, a patient's history, or any combination of these factors.
Pediatric/adolescent psychiatrists treat patients through a variety of interventions including medical treatment, behavior therapy, cognitive-behavior therapy, problem solving techniques, family therapy, parent training, psychodynamic therapy, and consultation with the patient's primary care physician or school professionals.
Dr. Peter Ruiz has the following 8 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Child Psychiatry
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 7
Dr Ruiz located in Vermilya practicing Psychiatry does not honor the HIPPA guidelines. Apparently he has no regards for the rights of patient confidentiality. He freely shares private information without any need to so. Be aware when visiting the Doctor he is lacking in ethical control. By the way, disregard the rating. The software does not allow to place the comments unless you rate his practice, and as you can see there is nothing below one star. Shame on you Ruiz. You are no real Doctor to me!
Dr. Ruiz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Harbor Healthcare System
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
Mt Sinai Hospital
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Mount Sinai Hospital
Presbyterian Hospital Acu
New York Presbyterian Hospital - Presby Campus
25 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Este (Uce)
Graduated in 1988
New York Medical College
Dr. Peter Ruiz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsRamon P Delmonte MD, 157 Sherman Ave, New York, NY
Dr. Peter Ruiz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.