Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter S Nelson has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Peter S Nelson has the following 11 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Peter S Nelson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 35
I love Dr. Nelson along with his staff. First of all, I think the longest I have ever waited in his office to be seen was 5 minutes. His nurses are so friendly, and Dr. Nelson is always to the point. Listens to what I have to say, and answers all my questions. I've never liked a doctor who just wants to chit chat or make small talk, Nelson is to the point. Im usually out of the office within 20 mins. I have been going to him the last 3 years. I recommend him to everyone. Everyone complains about trying to get an appoint, but theres a wait for any "new patient." I waited a couple months but after that I have had no problem what so ever scheduling one. I tell them what day and time I want and thats all there is to it.
This doctor works from 8:30 -11:30 and 1:00 to 3:00. I'm told scheduling appointments is difficult because there are not enough dermatologists, but working 5 hours a day may be a better explaination.this is common in Beaumont. His associate Marchand only works mornings and is frequently on leave. Getting appointments is ridiculous. New patient appointments are the same amount of time, yet they are scheduled out 2-3 months out. Getting an appointment while established is 1 month out.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
14 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Peter S Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBeaumnont Der & Fmp, 3030 North St Ste 430, Beaumont, TX
Dr. Peter S Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beaumont, TX.