Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Sherman
Dr. Peter Sherman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bronx, NY, with other offices in Bronx, NY and Bronx, NY (and 1 other location). He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Dr. Sherman is affiliated with Montefiore Medical Center: Weiler Division, Montefiore Medical Center and Children's Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Sherman has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr sherman is a great doctor. I would defitenaly recommend him to others. He is very caring and as a first time mother, I ask many questions. He'll answer all of them without making me feel like it's a stupid question. He Spends time with you and makes sure before the visit is over all your questions are answered. When you call his office for a concern or a question he kindly calls you back. Dr Sherman is a great pediatrician I'm glad he's my baby's doctor.
Dr. Sherman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Montefiore Medical Center: Weiler Division
Montefiore Medical Center
Children's Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center
St Barnabas Hospital
Montefiore Med Ctr-Jack D Weiler Hosp of A Einstei
The Brooklyn Hospital Center
Montefiore Medical Center - Henry & Lucy Moses Div
27 Years Experience
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Peter Sherman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter Sherman in this video.
Dr. Peter Sherman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.